Onkyo HT-S770S Silver

Username: Turkish621

Post Number: 7
Okay, So I am thinking that I might just start with a cheaper All in one home theater in a box. Then 3-4 years down the road get a complete system that will be better. I have heard very good things about the Onkyo HT-S770S Silver and vanns.com has is on sale for sub $500. What is opinions of this setup used to mostly watching movies in a 14x18 vaulted ceiling living room?

lazarus2297
Unregistered guest
well i have the black version, and I LOVE it but this is my first system. My brother has one that is mainly JVC and I think mine is better for much less (shhh don't tell him lol) I use the onkyo 6 disc dvd changer with digital coax out and while watching movies I have never had the system volume above like 45 and that is super loud the sub shakes the glass in my front door at that level there are so many things you can change I absolutley love this system. I just wish regular TV sounded like movies..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
lazarus, how big is the room you have it in?

Username: Lazarus2297

Post Number: 4
hmm.. good question the ceilings are over 9ft (the house is older) the room is a rectangle probably 10 to 12 wide and maybe 20ft long but i only use about 15ft of the room for the sound area kinda hard to explain i will post pictures when i get home, (they will be here and in the bragging section)

Post Number: 6
here are the pics

Upload
Upload

Post Number: 8
here are the pics (by the way the room is 12x22)

Username: Joycenmike

Post Number: 2
I think you might consider the Onkyo TX-SR502 receiver with some Athena Micra 6 home theater speakers. The receiver was around $250 at Circuit City and the speakers were on sale at Best Buy for $250 a few weeks ago. I am especially happy with these speakers. My room is small and odd shaped, but the amp puts out 75watts per channel and the spekers have no trouble a fairly loud listening levels for any kind of movie.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Yeah, I have been looking at the Micra's, $250 on sale, wow that is an amazing price. I wish I would have seen them then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us