DPL-IIX question on Yammy RX1400

Username: Nooner6

Post Number: 1
Any one out there know the Yamaha RX1400 well enough to answer this question? I was able to changed the surround mode to DPL-IIx mode for a 7.1 surround sound yesterday. I then played around with DTS-EX auto with Gladiator, Jurassic Park III and now I want to use the DPL-IIx mode but can't seem to get it back. I can changed the sound mode to DPL-IIx - Movie but when the movie starts, it goes to the Dobly Digital 5.1 mode. I can't hear anything coming out of the 2 Rear speakers. When I pause the movie, the display shows DPL-IIx - Movie. Can't I take any DD5.1 and make that into DPL-IIx 7.1? Sorry for the long post.

Fab 5
Unregistered guest
I may be wrong, but if the dvd's you mentioned are all 5.1 sound, you won't get the 7.1 you are shooting for. It should work ok for music though.

Bronze Member
Username: Spshond

Post Number: 39
I was watching gladiator last night & I noticed that I was able to pick DTS on the disk menu for the audio of the movie. I than chose DTS on my Yamaha RXV1400. No sound came out. As soon as I changed the Disk Menu to 5.1, the sound came out. What is going on here? I have the yamaha 1400 running Energy Encore setup. 2 fronts, 2 rears, center & sub. Please let Help me be able to listen to DTS... This receiver is nice but damm it is hard to learn the programming. How do I listen to a movie in DTS mode. Please help Ed Gong, since you have the same receiver

Post Number: 2
Rico, are you using the optical audio cable from your DVD player to the RX1400? If you are using the RCA cable, you can't get DTS. From reading in other forums, I figured this receiver out and it's actually pretty simple for all the surround sound modes.

Bronze Member
Username: Spshond

Post Number: 41
Yes I'am using the Optical cable from the DVD to the RXV1400 receiver. Also using optical from cable box to the receiver. I'am using RCA's as well from Cable box to the TV. The cable company gives you a set of component video cables with 5 connections. The Y, Pb, & Pr as well as the 2 Audio. They are all on one. Please let me know what I can do. Thanks

Post Number: 3
RICO,

If you are already using an optical cable(Should just be one), the only thing I can think of is to check you DVD player and make sure that you have the optical audio out enable.

Post Number: 4
RICO,

If you are already using an optical cable(Should just be one), the only thing I can think of is to check you DVD player and make sure that you have the optical audio out enable.

Anonymous

I know this is an old thread, but I just went through both situations myself. The DTS one is easy. You must make certain your DVD player not only output digital but the right kind of digital. For example, my DVD players was doing the same thing (DTS no sound), I then went to the setup for digital out, and changed it from Dolby Digital / PCM to Stream / PCM, now they both work fine. Why I don't know but that's what I had to do. On the first question you need to go into an obscure area of the receiver setup, and turn off auto, actually the toggle is between auto and last. Then you have be a master of this complicated remote. I usually have better luck by pressing "Straight" first, then selecting the decoding format (PLIIx), then the sound field (THX etc). Yes, it's a pain, and I have not fully figured out all the combinations yet. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us