Epic 60 Home theater

Username: Sirjohn

NY, NY USA

Post Number: 3
I have amade a couple of posts concerning putting together a home theater system for my bedroom, kind of a dead room with carpet. approx 15 x 18.
I was looking at Aperion speakers,Orbs,Boston acoustics, and then read some posts. So I wanted to hear about these speakers. I originally was thinking of smaller speakers with greater ability but seems that the only way to great sound is to incorporate some column type in the setup. I also do not mind buying component style from different companies, ie, Sub from one company, Surounds from another, center from another etc. What struck me about the Epic speakers is that from what I read they are really great as a system.

I was thinking about Matching these speakers to a Integra DTR 5.5 reciever. I have not gotten the reciever yet, nor am married to that particular reciever. Just seemed to me to be a solid performer. I think the speakers are the most important part of any Audio Video system as they are the voice. I looked at a variety of speakers and they range greatly these being more than some of the others I looked at ($2100 for a 5.1 system). It's 50/50 thing with Music and Video leaning more to video as we like to watch movies.

So what are your views on these matched with that reciever or should I do better with a reciever to match with these or is this overkill for a room of this size.

Thanks!!! John

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2386
Overkill??!?? No such thing in this mad hobby, John:-)
The Integra should match the Axioms beautifully.

Username: Sirjohn

NY, NY USA

Post Number: 4
Berny, You made me smile. I thought I would have had more responces to my post but all seems quite on the Audio front. Thanks again Berny and if you have any other views or another direction let me know.. Thanks again. John
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us