Question regarding A/V selector...please help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Bob_smith

Post Number: 11
I bought an A/V selector today from RadioShack so I could get my TV's audio to play through the home theater system today. Beforehand I had just a RF modulator, and what I have now is an A/V selector with RF modulator built inside.
From what I understood, I needed a pair of red/white audio outputs (which my RF modulator didn't have) that I could connect to the receiver that would send my TV's audio signal to the home theater system. I bought this after being reassured that this fit the criteria I was looking for.

When I set it up, I put the s-video cable from the DVD output on the receiver to the "DVD" input on the A/V selector. Then I placed the CATV cable in the "cable/ant" input on the A/V selector.

I then placed the coax running from the RF input on my old TV into the cable/ant output in the "TO TV, VCR, ETC." section of the selector. Now, to get the TV's audio to go to the home theater receiver, I am assuming I put the red/white audio cables from the "TO TV's VCR, ETC." output on the A/V selector to the TV input on the receiver. One problem though--the TV's sound still isn't getting to the receiver!! It's still playing from the TV's speakers. I'm clueless as to what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Bob_smith

Post Number: 12
by the way, this is the A/V receiver I purchased. I kept the box and everything very tidy so I can easily return it if this won't work.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-1988#
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us