What's YOUR take on this?! speaker setup

Username: Santora

Post Number: 1
(apologies if this gets reposted...doesn't seem as if the first one posted correctly)

I'm having trouble deciding where to place my speakers- the couches are fixed because of the column (see attached) and there are two doors that prevent what I think would be ideal placement. I'd appreciate any input on where to put the speakers. Equipment is:
57" HD rear proj. Sony
Pioneer 1014
Athena Micra 6 -fronts will be on speaker stands

Issues are as follows-
1. Where to place surrounds- I eventually want a 6th and maybe even a 7th for the back so this must be taken into consideration. Placed on the side walls the one side would be too close to couch. Place on side walls behins and near corner- love seat seems like it will not be in good position. Please take a look at the attached and let me know if you have any ideas!. Right now I'm leaning towards placing them at positions "A" and "D".
2. Any ideas on the sub? The component cabinet seems to be in the way if I put it behind the component rack.

Thanks in advance for the help!
image/bmpUpload
layout.bmp (36.9 k)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2358
I would place them on "B" and "C. "A" and "D" is just too far.

Username: Santora

Post Number: 2
Actually I think I'm going to put them on the side walls- I've heard this is the way it is really supposed to be- and then put rear channels on the back wall eventually. The only problem is that the speaker nearest the couch on the side wall will in that case will be very close to the person sitting there. It's a direct radiating speaker. Since I can't really run mounts through the ceiling (no clearance) and I refuse to have wire or wire mold running across the ceiling that isn't an option.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us