Anyone hookup PC to HDTV via ATI 9800 component

Username: Bdog

Post Number: 2
Just wanted to see if anyone could help out with my experience. I wanted to try playing Halo on my Hitachi 51 RPTV. I have the ATI 9800 installed so I plugged in the red component adapter into the video out on the card. When I attempted to plug in the component cables from the TV into the adapter I heard a pop and saw flash come from the back of the TV! I'm sure it's not a shock to some of you the input I was using is fried. I thought the problem might have been that the TV and PC were both powered on when I did this so I thought I'd give it another go with input # 2. Don't worry the TV is under Circuit City warrenty anyways so what the hell. So I turned off the TV and unplugged the PC. Now everything is hooked up and I turned the TV on. Ok...nothing blowing up, Let's try plugging PC power in... wooooow - nevermind! As soon as I plugged the power cable into the back of the PC the lights dimmed and a loud buzzing occured!?! Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on here??? Thanks.

Username: Doctor_t

Post Number: 4
Are you sure you're hooking it up the component input and not mixing it up with Video + 2 audio type inputs (or outputs) that look very similar - both are just 3 RCA plugs?
Wow, that sounds horrible. Hope you figure it out.

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 26
You DO NOT plug anything in while it is turned on. NEVER.

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 70
Poof, there goes your new system if you do!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us