While searching for some new speakers
i came across KLIPSCH F-3
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=836

I love everything about this speakers
exept the PRICE.
Where can i find comprabable speakers
for maybe half the price??

Anonymous

vanns.com has the klipsch sf-3 for 500.00 a pair..free shipping..its last years model but pretty much the same speaker

Anonymous

EBAY now and then has those speakers brand new, sometimes from BestBuy Re-sellers (returns, re-stocks warehouse items etc)

Username: Source

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info,
I browse ebay but never bought
anything, i've heard too
many horror stories.

Im sure you come across many floorstanding
speakers, give me your top three.

Anonymous

i got a pair of f-3's for 340... and those mothers are awesome

Tonis
Unregistered guest
I've been looking at the Klipsch F-3 Home Theater System, and can anybody offer any thoughts on the overall quality of this system. Though I've heard of Klipsch, I'm not really aware of how good their products are. Can anybody offer some thoughts on this, and possible some comparable products? Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 121
klipsch has been an audiophile company for decades, and produces some awesome (heritage and refrence) and some decent (synergy) speakers.

With their horn tweeters, they give you an "in-yer face" type of sound that you get at concerts. However, if you are driving them with cheap electronics, you will hear it, even on their less expensive designs.

Klipsch, as a rule of thumb, like to be driven by quality, not quantity. (althogh they will go beyond stadium concert loud if you like). NAD and Rotel match very well.

The refrence (had a pair of RB-5) are downright fantastic for the price. Too bad they arent made anymore.

Take a look at the reference line just so you can hear what klipsch has to offer.

IMHO, it would be wiser to buy a smaller klipsch reference system than a bigger synergy system given the same money. They are just that much better.

Get a reference HT system with bookshelves, and a sub. The difference will be that the highs are smoother, the mids are sooo velvety (again with good equipment), and the bass is nice and tight. The vocals just LEAP out of the speakers like nothing.
The synergy is abrasive in comparison, with congested mids and sometimes boomy bass.

Some people never quite warm up to the klipsch sound. I love it!

I have since bought a set of magnepans (high-end)and have paradigm in my living room. One of these days I will again go back to the sound that is klipsch! But not the synergy, too rough around the edges.

but Im keeping the maggies and paradigms :-)

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 122
my top 3 floorstanding speakers in THAT price:

klipsch reference RF-15
Paradigm esprit
Paradigm monitor 5 (large bookshelf with 2 woofs)

Monitor 5 is my personal favorite in this group.

reguardless of price that I have heard:

MartinLogan Prodigy (10 grand)
MartinLogan Statement E2 (100 grand)
Magnepan 20.1 (10 grand)

ML statement this time :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us