Speakers for a Yamaha RX-Z9, MA GR20's?

Unregistered guest
I am trying to put together an HT/Music system.
First the room: 21'L by 16"W by 15'H, steep cathedral. Floor is hardwood, 70% covered with short pile rugs. Ceiling is plank cypress. One long wall is wall board and the other long wall is windows with wooden blinds, always closed. System will be on the width wall with the listener at the other end of the room, against the wall.
I want to get the Yamaha RX-Z9 because I need the video component conversion and I like the idea of the Faroudja processing. My question is speakers. I'm considering the Monitor Audio gold 20's, Gold center, ASW 100 sub, and silver FXi for the surrounds and the rears. I will be running it as a 7.1 system. I'm assuming that the Z9 will sound similar to the Z1.(risky) I'll have to audition it once someone local gets a Z9 in stock and hooked up. I have up to $7K in speaker budget.
1: Comments on this system?
2: Other speaker recommendations
3: DVD recommendation? DVDR recommendation?
4: Can I use regular 12 ga zip cord for 30' speaker runs (a la home depot) or should I use something better. I will be using monster cable coax between components.
Thank you for your opinions and advice.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Post Number: 357
I wouldn't get the yammy - you can do better for the money. I post it on your theother sight.

Username: Denon_lover

Post Number: 2
James does not have a clue .he is probably a Denon lover.go and get the Z9.Iuse to be a Denon fan myself.but I traded my 5803 in for the Z9.Best Investment I ever made.

Username: Denon_lover

Post Number: 3
I use Magnapan mgmc1 and Vylodyne Subwoofers (Right and Left)Big Difference when using subwoofers in stereo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us