XBOX QUESTION

Username: Morpheus2124

Post Number: 2
Is it necessary to have the optical cable and the AV pack? I have my xbox connected to the surround sound system and every speaker works except for the back middle speaker. The sound effects still come out of the back and the main stereo comes out the front. Are these cables neccessary??? Please Answer. Thanks.

Username: Theexo51

Post Number: 3
does it come out in surround sound tho? or is it an even noise out of all speakers? today i bought the advanced scart and optical cable and just been playing on Live...its amazing, u can hear cars coming up behind.

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 79
If you hook up the xbox using the cables provided (red/white audio, yellow video) then you get dolby prologic/prologicII or DTS Neo:6

They are analog formats only, they are *not* dolby digital 5.1

While the prologic II sounds good for the games, the dolby digital is incredible when playing games like halo, etc.

It is *definitely* worth buying the av kit and hooking it up with an optical cable to the receiver for dolby digital 5.1.

sunny627
Unregistered guest
I agree, I'm using this "pheonix brand" component and fiber audio from on my xbox. It's a child company of monster, my buds work at best buy retailer and corp offices. But since using the new cable, halo 2 using digital 5.1 with my yamaha 5760 and klipcsh surround sound, is amazing, you can hear soungs behind youlike no other. I would greatly suggest getting a fiber connetion if your receiver can handle it. Just my two cents, Cheers!

Username: Morpheus2124

Post Number: 3
I just bought the HD advanced pack and a 12 foot optical cable and hooked it up through my KOSS KS5190 surround sound system, through my HDTV ADVENT TV and the sound is incredible but it is almost a second delay from the sound coming out of the TV. I cant believe that the optical cord isnt putting the audio through faster. WHY is that?? Whats with the delay????

Anonymous

I am having the same delay problem on the very same unit, is there any way to repair it? Or should I take it back?

Username: Stevetracy

Post Number: 4
Just wanted to add something here. I have been playing Halo (1) for a few weeks now through my DD 5.1 system. I use an optical connection and I actually jumped the other night when one of those big Flood guys came up behind me and jumped on my back. So yes you really do "need" the optical connection and the AV pack.

Me-is-angry-about-not-having-suround-sound
Unregistered guest
what is an optical connecition??? please help kind sirs.

Die Hard Yammy
Unregistered guest
In response to PETERS delay problem. You should probably turn the sound on your tv off, thats most likely whats causing the delay. if you have full surround your centre channel should replace the TV speakers.

Optical question: Optical cable is a digital cable for receiving DOLBLY DIGITAL,DTS sound. Without an internal, or external DOLBY DIGITAL, DTS decoder you will not receive 5.1 Digital sound.

some guy in canada that is angry he doesnt have surround sound.
Unregistered guest
ok. so, all i need is a reciever that supports dd decoder right. where would a optical cable plug into my tv though. And do i need dts decoding for surround sound to work on my xbox.

Aaron S. Miller
Unregistered guest
Some Guy,

Yes, all you need is a reciever that is Dolby Digital. However, you do not run the digital cable from the TV to your stereo (Unless you have a HDTV w/tuner built in, and even then you wont get the sound from your X-Box)..

You need to have the jack pack for the X-Box that has the Digital connection on it. I think I spent like $40.00 on my HD-Pack which is component video + optical. You then run the digital cable from the X-Box to the A/V reciever. And then turn down you TV all the way, because there will be a delay in sound.

PhilDW
Unregistered guest
Hello All. Here is a question! I have a new DTS 5.1 etc etc It only has 1 Optical Input but 2 Phono Digital inputs. I have SKY+ so want the Optical input for that. Does anyone know a a Phone Digital Cable for the XBOX? I know I can get a switch box but it was hard enough getting a seperate amp past the wife to now start adding a extra switch box :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 438
Necessary, no. Useful, yes.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a modded xbox, including an "advanced scart cable" with optical cable. I plugged the optical cable in my reciever, and I can hear sound, but not 5.1 sound. I tried to choose to use 5.1 sound in Settings in the Dashboard, but there is not that option availible. Only mono, stero and Dolby surround are showing.
What is wrong?

Doesn't nmy xbox "feel" that I have cables that support surround sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 54
Pollisoft: select Dolby surround. The Xbox does DD surround sound, not DTS.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 295
polli , the opening load up of xbox is pro logic anyway so unless you feed it a 5.1 source you will only hear pro logic .

Anonymous

i got a tv and all it has is the attena hook up. i have my vcr hooked up to it and my xbox from the vcr. how can i get surround sound through my vcr hook ups? and will it work with my xbox? please help.

Anonymous

I want a home cinema kit for the xbox but i have one big question does the xbox have a built in dobly digital decoder?

someone please help me

Unregistered guest
I have an X-Box problem though... just got the Monster digital audio cable adapter w/monster component video and the digital audio pops & warbles (analog is good). You can tell there is more audio layering in the games, but it sounds like crap constantly popping. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 351
need more info : whats your setup, what type of amp, etc...

Unregistered guest
Hey, I just bought me some optical cables and the connections for Dolby Digital Surround Sound. I have my computer speakers hooked up to my sound card and also have my xbox sound hooked up to that sound card also but when I play on the xbox there is like a .5mil sec delay. Could anyone please help me out here. I tried changing the hertz and some other little things just to see if it would work but no luck. Thanks theduke PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE A ANSWER theduke204@gmail.com

tHeDukE
Unregistered guest
Well not a .5 mill sec delay I meant like one sec delay

Jeppo1
Unregistered guest
When you plug in the Advanced AV and it gives you the option of DTS or DD what does that effect. I mean does it effect games and movies or just games or what. The reason I ask is because some DVDs give ya the option to change to DTS in the setup menu. So if you change it to DTS on the DVD and the Xbox is set to DD what would happen? Just curious.

confused guy
Unregistered guest
i just got an xbox1 and whenever i turn it on it does this wierd beeeeeeeep every few secs i tried playing the forza game but every time i put it in it does okay until this one loading part then it takes forever but then the screen goes black and it sais couldnt read disc bla bla.i took it out to check what was wrong and i left the disk tray open after about 20 secs the screen turns into this thing that sais "contact support..." in a bunch of languages and theres a sort of 07 in the top left corner plus the color around the eject button is crimsonish flashing and green flashing.i cheked the color key and orange (xbox is too hot) is the "closest" color but i havent played it ???!! the only thing left to do is try different games. if u know whats going on help thnx!

Unregistered guest
I have a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound system hooked into the sound card on my computer and I want to hook the xbox 360 into the surround sound on the computer. Anyone have an idea how to do that???
Thanks for your help!

Dummer by the minute
Unregistered guest
I hate to appear stupid but my kids already think I am. I have a new surround sound system and can't find out what I need to buy and how to hook the xbox to the receiver. Can anybody salvage my rep with my kids?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5154
Run to your nearest big box electronics store and get an AV Pack for the Xbox

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005R6Z0/002-1730509-0370404?v=g lance

Username: Abcdefghi

Post Number: 1
Problem - I just got a surround sound so I could play with my Xbox. Well I hooked it all up ran my Xbox thru a input connection.

Then when I am playing the game only 1 speaker and the sub works?

I went to the Xbox dashboard and switched it to Dolby Surround Sound and still does the same thing...

If anyone has any suggetions please post

Username: Lowery02

Post Number: 1
hey guys.. i just picked up the samsung ht - p38 5.1 surround theatre system.. got it hooked to my 360 via digital optical cable. suffering from a split second audio delay, and it's making me friggin crazy on halo 2!.. you guys mentioned turning your tv all the way down because of the 'echo' delay problem.. does that happen with ALL 5.1 surround systems?. is it always going to be slower than through my tv?.. i sure hope not, cause i'm about to bring this puppy back to best buy to get a system with no delay.. i need to hear my gun fire at the exact time it should.. you know?! please help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us