Problems witth surround sound setup, please help!

Anonymous

i recently bought an onkyo 6.1 compatible receiver and a denon dvd player which i am hooking up together through an optical cable for the audio connection. my problem is that when i select the input to be optical, all i get is a crackling hiss and little to no real audio coming out of my speakers. i am using five speakers and not six for my surround sound setup. its getting very frustrating as i have tried everything and all i get is this hiss through all five speakers! when i set up the audio through normal red and white rca cables the sound works fine but i have nothing from the subwoofer, and audio from only two front speakers, which is definitely not what i know this reciever is capable of outputting. any help on this would be greatly appreciated as i am gettin nothin but frustration from my own efforts. also, i bought the reciever from ebay so maybe its just a bad/defective receiver? thanks for any help in advance!

Anonymous

This is an update to the previous message. The hookup is a denon 1910 dvd to onkyo 601 via optical audio cable. I took my denon 1910 back to "good guys" and had it tested with the optical audio link to one of their receivers. It worked great. I then took the denon back home and hooked it to a onkyo 502. The audio works perfect. No problems. I will have to send my onkyo 601 back to the shop.

To all a good night.

Unregistered guest
We have the 6 speaker surround sound system, but when you hit display, it only shows 3/2.1 and it should show 3/3.1. The back speaker is configured and everything checks out. Just need to know how to get the display to show all the speakers.
Thanks for any help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us