6.1 not working

lazarus2297
Unregistered guest
I have the Onkyo HTS-770 and when playing the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. I tried changing the audio to 6.1 in the setup options on the DVD. With using 5.1 the sound is fine but when i switch to the 6.1 option I get no sound. The HTS-770 is a 6.1 system...any clues! I do have an older DVD player could this be the problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 31
I don't have this system but my friend does so i can ask him but, Is there an option in your menu that might have 6.1 turned off? The other problem, can your dvd player read or pass DTS ES? If it can't then that's your problem.

Tnice
Unregistered guest
The difference is that 6.1 in Lord of the Rings is a DTS signal. You either need a DVD player with DTS capabilities or you need to set your player to send all of the signal instead of PCM. The Onkyo should be able to decode the DTS itself.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2137
You have to set up your DVD player (without a dvd on the tray) to output DTS. Go to the audio set up menu and turn on DTS. This is not on by default on most dvd players.

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 70
I bought The Return of the King extended edition (4 discs). Set to play DTS 6.1 discrete sound. It's 3.3.1, awesome.

lazarus2297
Unregistered guest
thanks berny that did the trick i set my DVD player to output DTS and the sound is really GREAT!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2174
you're welcome

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us