Need help with Onkyo SKS-HT420 Speaker

Username: Kmissile58

Huntingdon Valley, PA USA

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased the SKS-HT420 speaker system from Onkyo and it sounds great, I just have one problem - It is a 6.1 speaker system and I have a 7.1 receiver. Does anyone know of a way that I can buy an extra surround-back speaker from Onkyo (Model SKM-240)? I could use your help. Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Did you ever receive an answer here? I have the same problem

Username: Johnsojs01

Post Number: 3
Not sure, might want to look at shoponkyo.com.

Post Number: 5
Tell me about those speakers. Give me a review, I looked at them too.

Username: Kmissile58

Huntingdon Valley, PA USA

Post Number: 4
I had to research by myself, but I did solve the problem. I called Onkyo's parts department and they were more than willing to ship one to me for $70.00 plus $5 shipping. I hope this helps!

Also, those speakers are, in my opinion, the best ones that you can get for a reasonable price. They look extremely nice and are by no means big boxes arrached to the walls of the room - they are more like pieces of art with the polished chrome.

As for the sound, I couldn't be happier. I have them in a 20 by 25 ft (finished) basement room and they fill up the place with clear, crisp sound. My best test was using the LOTR:ROTK DVD, which has DTS ES on it. The sound was just as good as the $3000 speaker system my friend, an audiophile, has. Just make sure to have a good receiver because it has to be just as good as your speakers to get the best result. I have a Pioneer VSX-1014TX, by the way.

I have a one thing I dislike about the system, but it is pretty minor: the subwoofer's sensitivity is very low - I have to blast a sound to get it to turn on, then normal levels will play once it goes out of standby mode. By no means is this gripe a reason to not buy the system. For the value, the system is the best one on the market.

If you want more reviews, too, check out www.cnet.com which has comprehensive speaker reviews, including this system.

Post Number: 6
I had the 770 for a while, ya know the onkyo in a box. I didn't like the way those speakers sounded. Was considering just getting like an onkyo, or some other, receiver and pairing it with these speakers. I was worried though because onkyo isn't really known for their speakers, more for their receivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us