Have I overlooked anything with my room set up

Username: Trbr81

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I have a 13 * 22 room that is currently going to end up as a finished space of 13 * 18. The space I am loosing is going to be set up for built in cabinets and a recessed space for a 60 inch widescreen LCD projection TV. There will be acess to the back of this area from another room for wiring etc

The rear 6 1/2 ft is going to be raised approx 8"for seating (couch) and additional seating in front.

Speakers are going to be Bose Acoustimass system with Front and Rear subwoofers. Rear speakers will be mounted at about 4-5 ft up the wall at a seated ear level. I am going to pre-wire with monster cable.

Soundproofing - Got a quote for $850 to double drywall the entire room. But am thinking of only doing double drywall on the ceiling

Lighting will be Recessed wall washers (w/dimmers) on the side walls for movie posters and two down-light recessed lights on the raised rear area.

The room will not have any windows but will have French doors with curtains on them.

Room will be painted in a dark burgandy. Carpet color - undecided.

I have not purchased the TV or receiver yet but have a future budget of approx $3500 for them in the future.

Currently the side and rear walls are framed but not the area where the TV will be.

Have I forgot anything - framing will be done in a week.

Username: Acutemi

Post Number: 4
You may want to consider 10" risers, it will make it easier to see over the heads and with a room only 18' deep, you will need every bit of it. What type of speaker setup are you considering? Are you going to put your A/V equipment in the cabinet? Home Depot has some very nice sound proofing board so that may help you in regards to double drywall. How do you plan on addressing sound echo? You may want to consider two tone paint for the room.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2129
You may want to reconsider using Bose as part of your home theater. Otherwise, seems like a smashing home theater.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us