Home Theater for Xmas

Username: Lbiguard

Baltimore, MD

Post Number: 1
I am getting a home theater for xmas, at least part of it. I have been doing a lot of research and have not been able to find much. I stumpled across this board and am very impressed with the knowledge, that is way above me, and the way it is explained so I can understand. Thank you for that.

I recently purchased a 43: Pan hdtv and want to add surround sound to it. The room is about 18' x 10' and the tv is about 8' from the couch. It is not ideal I know but it is on a concrete slab with hardwood floors and an area rug. The couch is a sectional that goes all the way into the corner so I was thinking of cubes or smaller speakers at least in the rear.

I would like the option to play music in a second room, does not have to be different from the tv room, just want to set up another set of speakers.

The budget now is about $600 it is a gift, but I will be able to add on soon. Would it be better to get a few pieces now and add to it or get a complete system now that is a little bit less and upgrade shortly. It will be mostly for movies and TV and just the radio and cd's for background music.

Sorry to ramble on, thankyou for any advice and have a happy and safe holiday.

KC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us