Cables -- HELP!!

snejk
Unregistered guest
I am trying to connect my PC video card (which features tv out) to my tv. Unfortunately there is quite a long distance and when i use an standard RCA cable the picture comes very distorted.
Should i try using an S-Video cable? Will this give me better quality?

I have all the video signals bypassed to the receiver which supports S-Video input so changing the video cables to S-video shouldnt be a problem.

The only disadvantage is that my tv doesnt support S-video. How is the best way to connect the amp to the tv (for video signal)?
Can i use an S-Video to scart (if it exists)
or should i use RCA to scart?
Which of the 2 (or any other solutions) do you suggest??
Thanks

Username: Pbar

Post Number: 4
Try using s-video to the receiver then use rca video out to the t.v. . This may work, pic quality is better with s-video not sure how it will react to video in on the t.v. . You won't hurt anything just try it.

Snejk
Unregistered guest
I was wondering.. if i use s-video from dvd, pc etc. to my amp and from my receiver to tv i use composite will i lose the picture quality which the reciever is actually inputting? If so i assume its not worth using s-video between dvd and receiver.?

Post Number: 6
Composite is higher quality than s-video. I don't think it will work though. Give it a try

snejk
Unregistered guest
Is there some kind of cable S-video to scart and yet maintaining the quality of S-Video ?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2293
Actually composite is lower quality than s-video. Component video is higher than s-video.

Post Number: 7
My apology Got component and composite mixed upped DAH

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 47
Still can't tell much of a difference between the two. S-video still shines. Unless you have all component video connections for everything.

On the PC side that S-Video connection isn't that hot unless your video card has a hardware decoder on it. Like products like WinTV PVR-350 MPEG2 Hardware Encoder/Decoder capture card. Would give you better results.

Snejk
Unregistered guest
How do you guys rate the quality of RGB through scart? Is it better over S-Video..
I found a scart plug with S-Video on the other end. I suppose it uses the S-Video of pin of the scart. Is that right? So i assume if I use that cable and connect it to my TV i get s-video quality ???

Snejk
Unregistered guest
Better still - my DVD has component out (3 rca plugs).
If i use a component (3 rca) to scart to connect it to my tv will that give me the Component video quality?
Is RGB (on scart) the same as component?

Top Deals

Loading, please wait...

Facebook

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Top Deals

Forum Help

Follow Us