What AVR is most suitable for Bose AM15?

Username: Alexlim

JakartaIndonesia

Post Number: 2
Hello everyone.

I have a Bose AM15 speaker system. I intend to buy a new receiver very soon. The dealer advised me to get a high power-output receiver to fully enjoy bose. I have narrowed down my choices to Marantz SR-7400, Denon AVR-3083 and Yamaha RXV-2400. I would be pleased if you can provide me with further advise on the which receiver you would recommend. Thank you for your help.

alex

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2063
The receivers you mentioned are all excellent receivers. And your choice will be a matter of which features you want.
But none of these will improve the sound of your Bose, no matter what your dealer claims, because a high powered receiver cannot breathe life in to a dead speaker. Just my opinion, I own Bose equipment and my kids and wife love them, because they are so small and unobtrusive. I just can't recommend them, decoration, yes...listening, no!

Username: Mwest

Stockton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
I have the same Bose AM15 speakers and use them with a Harman Kardon AVR 330 and the sound is warm, full and smooth, with enough detail. I really like the como. The HK is easy to use, is well built and has a good AM/FM section with good reception.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us