Onkyo HTS-650 connection for multi-channel audio

Anonymous
I have my DVD connection via the Optical 2 connection, and I get beautiful sound from all speakers and the sub.

However when I switch to my digital cable TV signals, the sound only comes from the front left and right speakers no matter what channel is on. Is this a connection problem?

My cable set-top-box has no digital audio output, so I just connected the red/white audio out on the cable box to a red/white audio in on the receiver. For my video connection, the coaxial runs from the wall to the cable box and on to the TV (I don't run any video signals through the receiver).

So if my problem is my connections, what do I need to change to get multichannel sound (center/surround AND the fronts) from cable channels? Would running the audio out from my TV to the receiver, instead of audio out from the cable box to the receiver, work? Or .... ??

Anonymous
Try ProLogic II mode ... this converts the 2-channel sound you get from most cable stations into 4-channel surround (one surround channel is split between the two surround speakers).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us