This is a great Forum:::::

I have a limited budget...Planning to get ONKYO HT
SK-SHT240 abd the SR502 Reciever.... ?

Is this combination recommended?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2042
Have you listened to this unit? We could recommend (or not) all we want, you are the ultimate judge of what is good.
My take is that Onkyo makes great receivers, but they don't have the speakers to match.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2043
What happened to the Bose?

Username: Jaycha2

Post Number: 4
Hi Berny!!
I am going to retire Bose to my Office room......

As my budget is limited I am going to try BB and Costco today (I don't like that place though).

For receiver I have two options Pioneer 914D (first choice) and SR502. Also will be Looking at SOny speakers VE367T

Gold Member

Post Number: 2049
What is your budget on new speakers? I may want to hold off on the Sony speakers.

Username: Jaycha2

Post Number: 5
I am looking around to spend about $550.
Just wondering is there any particular reason why shouldn't I go for sony ?

I am thinking of trying it out, just because of their price?
Today I purchased the reciever: VSXD912k. the remote looked very busy..hopefully oneday I will figure it out

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
for speakers at BB, try Athenas, you cant go wrong at that price range. Also, take a look at the Paradigm minis. Both of these will need a sub, but you can get a reasonable sub for not a lot of money. The minis run about $150 a pair, and are available only at select retailers. I.E this means little dealers. Mine also carries Onkyo recievers, so keep this in mind!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2051
Sony speakers just do not perform as well as other speakers made by comapnies who actually specialize in speakers.
Most of the Sony speakers I've heard are not as accurate...high frequencies do not translate well. The cabinetry is not internally braced as rigidly (very important, although, that's another discussion).
Try the Athenas, like gavincumm, suggested. But it is a good rule of thumb to buy speakers separate from manufacturers that make other electronic products.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us