Preferred treble/bass settings on Onkyo 770?

Username: Megalith

Post Number: 3
I was just curious as to what db everyone has their treble, bass, and sub set at on their receiver.

Personally, I can't seem to find something I can be satisfied with. The speakers that come with the system do a terrible job with treble, and if you turn it up through the receiver, things start to sound raspy. Turning up the bass makes everything sound more powerful, but the speakers start to be become extremely colored in some instances.

Sheldawg
Unregistered guest
Well my settings are at -6dbs for the sub with the knob in the back turned at about 20 %. What makes a big difference for bass is where you put the woofer in your room. best way is to move it around and hear the bass. My treble is set at +4db. Also if the bass is too much, the double bass might be activated. Turn it off by pressing the setup button then going to audio adjust and turning the lil joystick to the right. hope that helps.

Username: Jongordo8

Post Number: 9
I have the sub about 13 feet away from my listening position (it is in the front on the side of my entertainment center and the bass output is very disappointing. I have turned up the level on the sub, turned up the bass, and than turned up the knob on the back of the sub without achieving the desired results. For a 220 watt sub, I think it should have much more output.

Any suggestions, as I really don't want to move the sub as I like its position where it is?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us