Advice on my first Home Theater

Username: Flyman

York, PA USA

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased a Sony Wega 42" Rear Projection LCD TV. I'm not an audiophile or even an audio buff but I do want to get a decent HT to compliment the Sony. My listening room is 12' 6" x 16' 3", it has a hardwood floor with no carpeting. The TV will be placed along an inside wall. I am thinking of buying the Athena Micra 6 speaker system and the Onkyo TX-SR502 receiver and the Onkyo CP702 DVD player. Would you consider these components a good match for the Athena Micra 6? Would you consider all three components adequate for a room of this size? I don't want my ears to bleed. When listening to music it is about 60/40 classical/rock. I do want decent bass for movies and the entire sound spectrum to be reasonably clear. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2004
Looks like you are on the right track:-)

York, PA USA

Post Number: 3
Berny - thanks for the vote of confidence for the system I'm looking at.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2008
Have you listened to this set-up? The micra 6 is awesome.

York, PA USA

Post Number: 4
Berny - None of the audio stores in my area sell this system. I learned about it from searches on the Web and reading the reviews of people who had purchased it and from professional reviewers.
Since I've not heard even one overall negative review, and most people rate it at at least a 4.0 out of a 5.0 max score I figure that for a first time user like myself I should be very pleased. I've seen it for $394 shipping included.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us