Hooking up laptop to reciever..

Username: Wtee85

Post Number: 1
Is there any special way i should hook up my lap top ( DELL INSPIRION 5150) to my ONKYO reciever? I dont want to mess anything up. ONe of my freinds tried hooking up his pc to his sony reciver and his sony reciver made a poping sound and never worked again. Suposovly it said overload on the screen of the reciever. I dont want anything to happen to my laptop of my recivber.. Can this be done so i can get sound from my lap top out of my home stereo!? please help me! Email me with some good suggestions.

Anonymous

check out the Us robotics USR 6003 wireless audio thingie.
I got mine for $49.00 on sale. It uses 900mhz to broadcast to a receiver station that has rca outputs. I have my 'transmitter' plugged into the headphone jack of computer and the 'receiver' plugged into my Sony tuner. The sound
quality is good. You can play any computer audio through your stereo no problem. Great for games mp3s whatever.
There are no drivers or setup other than connecting cables.
There is no static or hiss unless you crank it beyond what you probably should. Good luck.
http://store.yahoo.net/compucentral/usr60wirauds.html

Username: Wtee85

Post Number: 2
Anyway i can do it without the whole wireless set up. I just bought a 1600 laptop. I dont want to spend another 80 on a wireless broadcaster. So can anybody help me with wires? The laptop has a input for headphones? Is there anything i can do with that, hooking it up to the reciever that is??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us