Small or large speakers??

Username: Mr_tony

Post Number: 2
Another problem with the settings on my av receiver. I can state what size my speakers are. However, im a bit unsure on what size to put them as. My centre speaker is an Eltax Millennium centre and Eltax HT2 Bi polar. Do I set these as small or large??? any help

Username: Harbolt

Post Number: 45
Am not familiar with those speakers but the difference between small and large is the amount of bass that the receiver sends to the speakers. Most people put their center on small because this speaker is mostly for dialogue. If your front speakers are large speakers and capable of producing bass, then you would set them to large. If they are just small sattelite speakers, then put them at small. Same with your surround ones. Hope this helps.

raydamonster
Unregistered guest
What would you recommend for bookshelf style speakers, like the Klipsch SB-3? Small or large?

howlswolf
Unregistered guest
I read somewhere that all speaker should be set to small , even if in your opinion they feel big, because to set them to large that would mean they are capable of reproducing all the frequency.

From Polkaudio:

When a channel is selected as "Large" it means the bass information for that channel, sound below 80 Hz, will be directed to that speaker along with all the other frequencies. When "Small" is selected, the bass is filtered out of that speaker and directed to either the subwoofer output jack or to the Left and Right channels (depending on whether the subwoofer is selected as "on" or "off"). For example, if you select the center channel speaker as "Large," the center channel bass will go to the center speaker. If you select "Small," the center bass will go elsewhere.

and check out the complete text here :
http://www.polkaudio.com/home/faqad/advice.php?article=processor

hope this help you guys :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us