Side or rear surround settings.

Username: Mr_tony

Post Number: 1
On my av receiver it has the option to state whether my surround speakers are positioned on the side wall or the behind wall. As I have my set up in my room and did not have the space to place them on the side I placed them on the back wall. I have Eltax HT2 Bi polar. The problem is although I have them placed on the rear wall, when i am in my listening position the rear speakers are to my side as I sit against the rear wall (on my bed). So do i change the setting to behind or side???? please help

Username: Harbolt

Post Number: 46
You should put them to the side. The rear surround speakers are usually reserved for 7.1 surround. My surround speakers are on the back wall but I have to set the receiver to put them as the side ones in order for it to sound right. Hope this helps.

Brent

Username: Mr_tony

Post Number: 3
Thanks a lot for that Brent it really does sound better. Its a lot more subtle now. Also thanks for the advice on the small or large.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CONNECTION OF AN AOB SUB WOOFER TO A SONY VA8ES AMP. THERE IS A COSTANT LOW PITCH HUM THAT INCREASES IN VOLUME AS THE GAIN IS INCREASED. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE SUB AS I HAVE TESTED IT WITH A FRIENDS AMP. THE NOISE DISAPEARS COMPLETELY WHEN UNPLUGED AT THE SUB END, IS STILL THERE BUT LOUDER WHEN UNPLUGED FROM AMP END AND DECRESES TO THE SAME LEVEL WHEN PLUGED BACK INTO AMP. THE NOISE APEARS TO BE PROPORTIONATE TO THE LENGTH OF CABLE I.E. THE SHORTER THE CABLE THE LESS OF A HUM...IS THE CABLE ACTING LIKE AN AERIAL AND PICKING UP INTERFERENCE FROM SOME OTHE PIECE OF ELECTRONICS..ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD THIS PROBLEM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us