Denon AVR3805 + Paradigm Speakers a good idea?

Username: Robert_r1

CA

Post Number: 1
My budget is $2500-$3000 for speakers and receiver. I really don't know the best options for me. I was recommended the Denon which I can find online for about $900. The Paradigm speakers are nowhere to be found though. Where/how does one purchase them? What a good Paradigm setup for my budget? I was looking at their "Recommended System #4." Also, is there a better, more cost effective system, that will fit my price range?

The sound system is to compliment a new Mits. WD 62725 but I really don't want to spend a fortune on the sound system. Please advice.

Thanks,
Robert.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1937
Have you tried the Paradigm website? They can point you to the nearest authorized dealer in your area. Paradigms play very well with Denon:-)

CA

Post Number: 2
Berny (or anyone else),

I was also looking at the BW speakers. Their price equivalent package would have:
left/right DM602.5 S3
Center LCR60 S3
Rear L/R DM601 S3
Sub ASW 600.

How would you compare the BW package vs. the ParaDigm. This system will 90% be used for movies off TV, DVD playbacks and watching sports.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1953
I am not fond of the B&W 6 series, I feel that they sound a little lacking on the higher frequencies. The Paradigm has excellent soudstage and better clarity and seems to me a perfect match for the Denon. But that is just me, a lot of folks love their B&W.

Have you listened to any of these systems? Ultimately, you will be the best judge, you will be living with them:-)

Unregistered guest
I have an earlier model Denon 3802. Very nice. Plus I have the Paradigm Reference Series Studio 100 speakers (2) and am extremely happy with them. I bought them at Sound Waves which is a chain store, paid $1800 for the pair. They have a list price of about $2300 or at least did when I bought them. I am considering the Servo 15 sub now, but quite frankly the base is very good already without the sub. Go for it, you will not be disappointed at all.

Anonymous

Robert, I have 2 Paradigm Monitor 5 v.2 front speakers in cherry and their cc370 center speaker v.3 in black that I am selling. They are in excellent condition and my price is well within your budget.

Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks.

CA

Post Number: 3
How do I contact you? You can email me at robertwalia@yahoo.com

Thanks.

dokilat
Unregistered guest
Has anybody heard of JBL Synthesis? Are they any good?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 124
yeah... I have actually heard the synthesis, and wasnt impressed. I could tell I was listening to a horn loaded speaker. Had noticible honk. Very poor choice for music (except possibly k2)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us