What's happening to Polk ?

Username: Marcio

Post Number: 6
Hi, everyone !

I have read a lot in this forum about the good price/performance ratio of Onkyo HT240 speakers. Unfortunately, their silver color don't match my room. So, I am considering one of the new Polk systems, RM6750 or RM6800. They are available in black and are small enough not to interfere with the decoration of my living room.

However, I haven't read any comments on them so far. What's happening to Polk ? Are they producing worse speakers ?

Does anyone has already bought one of them ?

Thank you a lot !

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1934
I don't see anything wrong with Polks, if you like them get them:-)

Post Number: 7
Thank you, Berny, but you have to agree that "nothing wrong" is very different from "they are very good". What really makes me feel unconfortable is that I haven't really read a single review about Polk new models.

For a company that has produced quite remarkable speakers, like the Monitor series, and the discontinued RM6700 speaker system, this sounds weird, to say the least.

Phill
Unregistered guest
I have that Polk system, and they sound excellent. I'd definetetly recommend them.

Post Number: 8
Phill - which Polk system do you have ?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 923
Marcio,
I hope you are referring to Polk's old "monitor" line as the new " monitor" line is a series made for Circuit City and not up to the old standard. To get really good Polks you need to go to the RTi series that CC used to carry. Their small speaker packages aren't bad and of course your choice depends largely on your budget.

Post Number: 9
Hi, Therealite ! Nice to read you again.

I was, in fact, referring to the old Monitor series. But what I need now are smaller speakers, so I was searching for information on the new Polk speaker systems, namely RM6750 and RM6800.

In time: I have bought my Onkyo SR602 and I'm very glad with it !

Username: Excalibur

Post Number: 2
I went to Frys Electronics on Friday during their After Thanksgiving Day sale and bought 4 Polk R50's for only $69.99 each! What a great deal! These speakers work great. I wish that I had enough money to buy four more.

Bronze Member
Username: Excalibur

Post Number: 16
They are having a sale on R30's $49.99 and R50's $89.99 again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us