What cabels and wire to use???

WALTER
Unregistered guest
I have check a few reviews out for cables and speaker wires and still not 100% sure which would be best for me. So I am asking for some help.
I have a 32" Philips TV
JVC DVD/VCR combo
Onkyo HT-R510
Satellite
Speakers that came with the Onkyo.
Cables and wires are all what came with the components.
All is 1-2 yrs old. Now I was told Monster cable everything. I don't think I would have to? Any suggestions in which way to go? I am thinking of getting the monster cable power bar, can't remember which model but it is one of the big ones to help with the high current Onkyo receiver.
So any kind of input would be great.
Thanks.

WALTER
Unregistered guest
I will try this again, don't want to be a pain but should a person go with the Monster cables, Phillips, Radio Shack, Sony ect..........????
Just looking for some input on which will do a good job over the $2 cables but leave my butt feeling ok after I leave the store? I don't mind spending a little more on cables but don't want to go crazy.
I have been to many stores and listened to the systems but as everyone on the forums say it will be totally different at my house. I don't really think I am going to hear any difference by changing speaker wire to the $150 for 100' of monster cable speaker wire.
I am impressed with the monster cable power bar, can't remember which model. Big price but seems to do the job, just way to many extra plugs that I wont be able to use.
So any info would be great, I like to hear it from people who used the products then from sales people trying to make the sale, if you know what I mean.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1942
read up on this
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/cables.htm
Then decide.
I use Kimber cables and Monster (I get it for real cheap):-)

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 924
Walter,
For a good quality budget interconnect check out the Phoenix Gold line at crutchfield.com. I use the 500 series and for example a 1 meter analog pair is $12.99. I use their optical cables also and for the money they are hard to beat. I do not believe it necessary to spend tons on interconnects and cables but the ones that come with components are junk and should not be used at all. I currently have interconnects from Phoenix,AR and Monster in my system and for the money the Phoenix is the way to go. If you want something a bit more fancy try their 600 series also at Crutchfield.

WALTER
Unregistered guest
Thanks Benny, I see I have lots of reading to do, lol

Phoenix Gold, used to use it for cars but never thought of it for home stereo, Thanks therealelitefan will look into that as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us