Surround Sound to TV/PS2

Username: Strizz

Post Number: 1
Quick question... I just finished setting up my mediocre surround system... its an integrated dvd/receiver, I get fine surround when I use music cd's and dvd movies, however I havent gotten anything with my tv/ps2/cube, I know im missing some kind of connection, maybe an audio output from the ps2 to the receiver, but I'm not exactly sure where I would hooko that up, or what I need for it... For the tv surround I know i need an audio out from the cable box to the receiver as well, but my tv doesnt have the 3 output's, just the cable input so I am using a 4 -way module to run everything off.. is there anyway with this setup to get surround to the tv/ps2?

Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 3
You are using the optical out on the PS2, right?

Post Number: 2
Yea, I got the ps2 working alright, the only issue is surround with the television, the tv is 3 or 4 years old and doesnt have the three input sockets on the back, so does that mean i am beat, or is there any way to get surround through the 4-way module that connects the cable to the tv and everything else to the tv

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 8
Your TV does not have RCA (Red, White, Yellow) inputs?

Post Number: 3
aye

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 9
What is the model of your HT system?

Does it have a general video output? I'm sure you can run the video output from the receiver into a converter so you can get it into the TV.

Post Number: 4
its nothing too crazy, nexx tech esdvd100, it has an output, i tried running an rca video to it and the other two to the auxilary output, while running the other end to the converter but i havent managed to get anything just yet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us