Ceiling mount question (onkyo 770)

Username: Gonzo719

North Jersey, NJ

Post Number: 6
when i bought my HTIB i got free speaker stands with it (24 inch sanus). I am using them for my front left and right speakers. ok - i mounted my surround speakers with ceiling mounts(left,right,center). the reason why i did this was because behind my couch i have a big window and there is no good place to put my center surround speaker. Is this not a good idea? should i have mounted all my speakers(including front left and right) with ceiling mounts or have mounted all with speaker stands? i have to say even with this setup it sounds really good. but i want it to so close to perfect. I have 8ft. ceilings when i hear something that is suppose to be whizzing past my ear( a bullet) it just seems like it is whizzing above the right or left part of my head - i know this is because the speakers are so high. it there any way to point the speakers in a different way so that it trick my ears? or is going with all speaker stands the answer? By doing that - maybe there will be no displacemment. can someone please help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us