Looking into Wireless HTIB...need help

Username: Jongordo8

Post Number: 4
I am looking into buying my sister/brother-in-law a home theatre system for christmas. They have a 20x15 (vaulted ceilings) room. They listen to about 90% movies/tv and 10% music. They have an interesting room setup and it makes it extremely difficult to conceal wiring. Budget is 400-700 (really hoping closer to 400). I looked into wireless systems and found two I might consider..Samsung HT-DS690 or Kenwood HTB-S610.

Looking at both of these I don't think they will have enough sound to fill up the room (small speakers, small sub, and not an extremely powerful reciever). Anyone have them or have heard them? I can't find anyone local that has them set up.

Here is what I was thinking however as an alternative and I need you guys' help to answer this question.

The Samsung DS 690 uses a transmitter that wireless sends the signal to a wireless reciever to the rear and the two rear speakers connect to it from there.
Is there a company that makes a device like this so I can use a standard HTIB (I want to get them the Onkyo S770).

Basically I want to be able to use regular speakers just without running the wires to the rear, is there something that does that and will allow me to benefit from 5.1 or 6.1 sound?

If not, any recommendations on what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

Jon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us