Room size small, any ideas?

Username: Nematode

Post Number: 1
Here's the situation. My room is 12' X 15'. Along one 12' wall there will soon be a Toshiba DLP (52"). I own a HTIB (Sony) now that I picked up at Costco for about $300. I'm wanting to upgrade, but I know the size of my room will limit my choices (somewhat?). My budget for receiver and speakers is about $2,000. From what I've heard and read, here is what I'm leaning toward:

Receiver: Marantz SR5500 or Onkyo SR702
Speakers: Polk Audio RM7200 or Klipsch (not sure which ones).

My main use for this system will be television, movies, and X-Box with occasional music listening. The limitations of my Sony are becoming apparent, so I want something with more "oomph". Also, does the TV size (52") seem too big to you? I don't want to overdo it, but I sure don't want to underdo it either. Any suggestions will be well received.

Username: Nematode

Post Number: 2
I've also heard that the Athena Audition Series setup (ASF1/ASB1/ASC1/ASP300) is also a very nice sounding surround speaker set. Would these match up well with the Marantz or Onkyo receiver?

Anonymous

My husband and I disagree. We are upgrading our 23" 10 year old tv for XMAs. It is in a huge playroom-roughly 21 wide by 25 long. THere is a seating nook in part of this space. I hope to install a TiVo and have the kids use this as their own space to hang out so we can have our living room back. My husband just cam eback with a 23" Sony Wiga and I feel that is too small. What size would you recommend and how can we upgrade the sound, simply, to surrounsound.
Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us