Speakers for Yamaha RX-V1500 ?

Username: Musicjb

Post Number: 5
I just bought "Yamaha RX-V1500" receiver. Please recommend me for a good speaker system. Should I consider buying a Infinity/JBL/HK/Polk system ? Thanks.

cobia210
Unregistered guest
I went in to look for new speakers. The Polk Audio 6700's in particular. They did not have those speakers on the foor so the salesman showed me the Polk Audio 6750's and the 6800's. He tried these speakers through various Yamaha receivers. ( I am also looking to upgrade my receiver). To make along story short. I was totally sold on the Yamaha RX-V1500 and the Polk Audio RM 6800's. The 6750's were not even close. I hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 918
I like Polks but think there are better matches with Yamaha. You don't give a budget but from your post it would seem you have been looking at the mass market stores. If you bought the Yamaha locally what speakers did that store have? Paradigm is my first choice with Yamaha and you can put together a very inexpensive system from them that will both match perfectly and beat anything you mentioned. Take a look at their very good website and check out the Performance and Monitor series. The 1500 is a nice mid level receiver and deserves at least a $1500 or so system but you can do it for much less with the Paradigm Titans and Atoms if your budget is tight.

JohnBoyle
Unregistered guest
I finally got the Paradigm speakers for my Yamaha RX-V1500 receivers. It sounds great. Amazing.

1. Paradigm Monitor 5
2. Center CC-370
3. Surround ADP-370
4. Sub PDR-12

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1066
Great choices. You have put together a very nice mid level system. Happy listening.

Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1
Im considering buying the same receiver. Most of my system use is watching movies. I wonder how that receiver would handle my Cerwin Vega D9 front speakers??

My current receiver is an old Pioneer VSX9500s that has the old Dolby Pro Logic encoders, and I want to upgrade to the new technology.

I've just started seriously researching what to buy, and so far, I'm leaning towards Yamaha but am a little worried that it wont be able to handle the big Cerwin Vegas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us