Advice to setup TV audio to my HTS650

Alan
I have an old Sony 27" TV. It has output for audio in the back and I want to hook it up to my HTS650 to use HTS650's speakers rather than TV speakers.

QUESTION: Where should I hook up the red/white audio cables to the receiver??

I also have DVD player.
DVD player video is hooked directly to TV using S-video cable and audio is done using Optical cable to receiver's output1.

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
This is my Onkyo set up:
Hook up the TV audio output to the CD audio inputs. Then when you watch TV, select CD on receiver.

Anonymous
That, or I just use one of the video inputs (there are 2), and my dvd hooked into the dvd input. Make sure you keep track of which input you have used so you know which one to select on the receiver. Plenty of inputs on this one. :)

Alan
Thanks for your input, I will give it a try.
:)

Muto
Alan,

Do you have cable or satellite? In either case, your set top box might have a digital audio out feature which you could run to your receiver. Or you can run the video signal (as well as audio)through your receiver and on to your TV.

Alan
No I don't have cable nor satellite... I don't watch tv that much, just my family watches it sometimes.

Thanks Muto :)

any way to hook speakers to vhs and get sound from your tv

Anonymous
To me it seems that the best way would be to hook up your tv attenna or cable to your vcr and then run your vcr through the receiver. That way you still get the sound for vcr and tv and you can record tv channels. Also uses less cable.

I have installed a car equalizer (realistic) using a Sony Head unit. It does work fine but whenever I started the car engine you could hear a hizz sound coming from the speakers as the engine goes.

Could you please give me an idea on how would I get the rid of that hizz sound please.

Thanks in advance guyz!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us