B&W Speakers

Unregistered guest
Can anyone offer insight on the B&W 700 Series speakers. I am looking at new speakers for Home theatre system

Anonymous

I listened to the 700 series and found them a bit "bright" on the treble. It was just one listen and not sure of associated electronics. Am considering a system of Thiel SCS3 or Sonus Faber Concerto speakers (need them for bookcase setting). Anyone have thoughts on these??

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 114
Thiel, if you arent familiar with the company, will be TERRIBLY bright if you pair it with inferior electronics.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2807
Burnett,
The B&W 700 series is one of the better speakers that they make. Have you listened to these? Works great for both music and home theater environment. It offers a great soundstage and accuracy, but these descriptions are totally useless unless you actually go out and listen for yourself.
What will you be using to drive these speakers?

Anonymous,
You have a difficult choice to make if you are only to choose between Thiel and Sonus Faber:-) Listen to both and make a choice, if nothing else, choose based on cosmetics. You will not be disappointed with the sound.

Anonymous

I will be driving the speakers with Lexicon MC-8 and Bryston 9B (good electronics). Expect to purchase Denon 2910 universal player. Need bookshelf speakers that will fit in a tight space plus sub and considering Thiel SCS3, Sonus Faber Concerto and Dynaudios. For sub, considering the new Rel B3. Any advice much appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us