Need help deciding.

Username: Denbar

Post Number: 1
Bose System 38 ($3000) or Integra DTR 7.4 ($1400), Monster HTS 2600 ($350), and Definitive Pro 100 speakers ($100)??? Please provide a recommendation.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1773
If you have compared the Integra system with ANY Bose Lifestyle System, the choice is clear. Unless you really prefer the sound of Bose. Are you sure you can get Definitive Pros for a hundred bucks???:-) I'll take ten please!

Post Number: 2
Berny, I left out the "4", should have been "$1400", not $100. Thanks for your response.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1776
arrgh! Would have been a great deal.

Hands down, though, I'll get the integra system with def techs.

cheers

Post Number: 3
I think $1400 is the market value. I was really interested in hearing a non-bias opinion on the comparative quality. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
Actually I'm, speaking from experience. I've owned Bose equipment and the Lifestyle 35 can be had for $2100, I'll gladly sell you a set for $2500, the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. The convenience in placement and wife approval factor is a plus, though.

I still own a few Bose such as the 801, excellent for karaoke and can really handle a lot of power. Probably the best Bose product I know. I also had the old 401 and the Acoustimass, which is in the boys' playroom for their games. I let a few people listen to the Bose first and they are really impressed until I have them listen to the other systems.

I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction, but if you like the sound of Bose, by all means, get them. But I strongly suggest you do a comparative listening so that you know what you will be getting into.

Username: Ketchupaholic

Post Number: 4
Don't buy the Bose whatever you do!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1819
Dennis,
What did you end up getting? Just curious.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us