6.1 Speaker Set-Up Problem?????

Username: Spdezrush

CA

Post Number: 4
Being new to all of this, I have a dilemma. I have a H/K AVR 430 Receiver, with NHT Superone and Superzero speakers. I have 3 of each kind, so 6 total. The H/K is a 7.1 receiver. After examining the back of the unit, I can't see(don't know) how I would set up the rear center speaker. The plan is 3 in front and 3 in back and no room for a 7.1 setup. Any ideas. It seems this unit is strictly setup for 7.1, so it shows on the diagram. How can I set this up? Can I put the rear center speaker in one of the rear right or left surround inputs? Any answers would be great. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Os2dude

Marietta , GA USA

Post Number: 24
I have a Yamaha RX-V2400, which is also a 7.1 receiver. In the manual it states for a 6.1 setup to use the left rear connector.

From speaking with some other folks, I get the impression that 7.1 is just 6.1 with two rears to spread the sound, and is not necessarily a LEFT/RIGHT channel situation.

When you go into setup (assuming you have one) can you choose just 1 rear speaker?

Username: Spdezrush

CA

Post Number: 5
I will check that out. I hadn't even gone that far yet. I was still working on the exterior of the unit. It has connections for Lt/Rt. surround separately. No mention of 6.1 at all in the manual. I will try and hook up the center rear speaker using the left rear connector and see how that works. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us