TV as center channel?

Username: Erknjerk

Post Number: 5
Can you use the TVs speakers as the center channel? If so do have to open it up and wire it in?

Username: Project6

Post Number: 108
unfortunately yes, I won't recommend it though

Username: Erknjerk

Post Number: 6
Ok.

Username: Medpilot

Post Number: 5
I have a JVC AV-65WP74 and it comes with the option to run the main TV speakers as the center channel(can be set up in the on-screen menu). Normally I would say this is a bad idea, but the sound that comes from the stock TV speaker is amazing(for a TV). I'm going to try this when I get receiver and I'll post my results.

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung HL-P6163W. I would like to pursue using the TV speakers as the center channel. My Sony surround receiver has left and right speaker outputs and a subwoofer output, but the only center output is the amped speaker wire. Has anyone found a way to wire the TV speakers as center channel. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 58
Mine is a cautionary tale: whatever you do, don't try and engineer your own connection to your tv. As much as I wanted to use my tv speakers as the center channel, I was impatient and foolish. My center channel out to center speaker is speaker wire, but the audio input on the tv is rca-style. I tried combining spliced rca-type audio cables to the speaker wire , and ended up blowing the fuse for the center channel. Now I have NO center channel until I replace the fuse. Bummer!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us