Comcast hd / digi cable with pioneer vsx-d711

Username: Tjohn

Post Number: 1
Hello, sorry if this is a clueless question but.... I'm finally getting digital cable with hdtv tomorrow and I have a question about the hook up through my receiver. Will the cable guy have the cables I need, and if not what should I buy? I want to be able to have the best sound while watching hdtv.

TIA
John

Scotty2Hotty
Unregistered guest
I'm sure they will bring everything you need to hook it up (the guy won't leave with it not working).

I am also sure they won't be the same quality as the monster cables.

Post Number: 2
Yes, just got it all hooked up and comcast actually supplied an optical cable! I'm good to go :-) He did say that if I wanted to listen to sound through my a/v receiver I should completely disable my tv's main speakers. Why can't I just mute it or turn it down all the way?? I'll fiddle with it later tonight.

Scotty2Hotty
Unregistered guest
That's what I do... I turn it down all the way because muting it puts captioning on and I'm too lazy to disable it.

Post Number: 3
Yup! Worked great last night. Love the digital sound on the HD channels :-) I can buy any good quality component video cable for it right? The one they supplied is only 4' long so I can't put the STB where I want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us