Need help matching a DVD player with my HTS (newb)...

Username: Ryams27

Post Number: 1
Hey guys...I desperately need some help picking out a good DVD player to go with my Onkyo HT-S650. I've tried reading reviews, etc. but I don't even know what features I should be looking for. I don't have an HDTV, but I guess I would go ahead and get a progressive scan player so it's compatible if I upgrade.

One of the major questions I have is this: does the DVD player need to have a Dolby decoder built-in or is that unnecessary because the receiver decodes it?

I'm looking for something rather cheap--around $100 or less. Any particular players you would suggest with this setup? By the way, the TV is a 35-inch Toshiba (flat-screen, not flat-panel...35AF44).

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1659
most dvd players have this capability, if you are going rather cheap, you have a lot of choices and they will pretty much be all the same.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 33
Question:
One of the major questions I have is this: does the DVD player need to have a Dolby decoder built-in or is that unnecessary because the receiver decodes it?

Answer: No it doesn't need to have the Dolby Decoder built in and it is uncecessary because the receiver will decode it.

You can't go wrong matching an Onkyo DVD player with your Onkyo Receiver. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us