Onkyo 770 opti-response equalizer

photogold
Unregistered guest
The Onky0 520 receiver that comes with the 770 system has a feature called an optiresponse equalizer? Is this just a fancy name for a loudness switch? Could it be a dynamic range expander? When I turn it on, I notice that music definitely has more punch and brightness.

The users manual says that this feature can only be used if the original speakers that come with the system are connected. What would that have to do with anything? Does anyone have any information on this feature?

jigs
Unregistered guest
I was curious what others thought of this too - couldn't find much useful info on the net.

Bronze Member
Username: Sandiego

Post Number: 15
I'm calling Onkyo about this right now so hopefully I'll get a good answer and let you know cause I'm very curious as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Ok, the lady at Onkyo told me that when you turn on the OptiResponse the receiver automatically changes to a pre-set equlizer the people at Onk. feel is going to give the best sound.

photogold
Unregistered guest
So it sounds like they are boosting the bass and treble a little. It does seem to sound better when it is on. Maybe the frequency response is not as flat, but it I think it sounds better, especially for music. Do most people here leave it on?

photogold
Unregistered guest
So it sounds like they are boosting the bass and treble a little. It does seem to sound better when it is on. Maybe the frequency response is not as flat, but it I think it sounds better, especially for music. Do most people here leave it on?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I leave mine on. Hey photo, I assume you went through the speaker configuration. Did you set any of your speakers to "LARGE?" or did you leave them "SMALL?" The person at Onkyo reccomended I set them all to large even though to instruction manual says something about the diameter of the cone on each speaker being 6" or more to warrent a "LARGE" setting. I don't think any of the speakers are that big, but anyway I did set to large and they all seem to sound more full.

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 42
I set the crossover frequency to 100 Hz, is tht right? I set all to large.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
1st, i set the exact same way you did

photogold
Unregistered guest
I noticed that my factory default had the side speakers set to large, and all the rest were small. Also the crossover was set to 80 MHz instead of 100 MHz. I changed the crossover to 100 and maybe I'll try the large speaker setting
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us