Philips HTIB MX5600D available at Costco

gilad espn
Unregistered guest
Just saw this unit at a local Costco. Pretty good for the price and without a seperate subwoofer. Anyone have any input on this unit?

Anonymous

I just bought this unit. It seems to be pretty good. No major complaints. Does what I want: plays DVD movies with Dolby Digital or DTS and has enought power (100 watts per) to make it sound good.....the actual controls and player aren't great but the system does the major things right. Anyone else has an opinion on the 5600 I would like to hear it. nathan@schank.com

gilad espn
Unregistered guest
I purchased this system about 2 weeks ago. It went back to Costco after a week. The player is really weak. Less than average picture. The sound was better than average. I really liked the way the speakers were, especially the center channel being a 5 way speaker. The woofers in the front two bases was also different in a cool way. Ended up getting a yamaha receiver and speakers from BB. Better sounding and an even better price.

Username: Avman

Post Number: 4
I would Take this system back Save the money for a more upscale HTIB It usualy takes about a 500.00+ dollar price point to get a nice one, and dont look for watts they mean nothing, go buy your ear and how it sounds, watts are more of a marketing thing, it doesnt rate the power or sound Level.

I would to a look at the ONKYO HTIB at circuit city or the Samsung Klipsh HTIB at Best Buy or Utimate Electronic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us