Kawasaki Electronics

Curious
Unregistered guest
I've seen some Kawasaki electronics at Target stores. Anyone have any experience with them? What do you think of this brand name on CE products?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1632
My first encounter with Kawasaki electornics was during the '80s at a flea market. Cheap audio stuff and never really bothered with it. They could have improved by now. But you never know!

Username: Jrvazzer

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 2
i PURCHASE A HOME THEATER FROM QVC FOR ABOUT $160 FOR MY BEDROOM IT SOUNDS GREAT

Unregistered guest
I have a Kawasaki personal dvd player which I got for Xmas 2003. It was purchased at Target. It works great and has a better pic and sound than my boyfriend's high priced dvd player. I am glad I got it.

127kitty
Unregistered guest
I bought the kawasaki dvd player from target and it broke about 4 months after I bought it. Of course I no longer have the box, receipt or warranty card, and Target refuses to do anything about it. So needless to say I think Kawasaki is crap.

Bronze Member
Username: Kingdufus

Beantown

Post Number: 20
I purchased a Kawasaki AV1000 on an impulse buy at Target (my first HT). It started to have problems about two months after. Alco / Venturer extended my warranty, and replaced the unit (took 4 weeks), with a Venturer AV1000 which is working great so far. I think they are a mixed bag. You might get lucky and purchase a good unit, or you might get stuck with junk.
As far as the sound quality goes...I don't have much to compare it to, since it's my first HT, but it sounds great in my small family room. I have upgraded the center channel and subwoofer since though, since I thought the original speakers were a little lacking.

Unregistered guest
I purchased a LCD2000 TV with built in DVD/CD from QVC (or HSN ?) about two years ago and I love it. It may not be a popular name brand..but it offers more features than the name brands at a fraction of the cost.

I'm actually trying to find more products.

Aaron K
Unregistered guest
We have a Kawasaki DVD player with 7 inch screen. It has taken 2 years of abuse by my two kids and works great

Unregistered guest
I also purchased a LCD2000 TV with built in DVD/CD from HSN. I had to return it to Alco Venturer once because it would not work when I attached it to cable. They fixed it and returned to me and it work well for a few months. Then, all of a sudden, everything stopped working except the DVD Player. When I tried to contact Alco Venturer again, they did not respond. I made several attempts. I paid over $500.00 for the unit and I desperately want it to work. Can anyone help me find a place that can repair it?

Unregistered guest
I just bought the 8.4" DVD player from Target. Does anyone know where I can get an extra battery?

Patty Middleton
Unregistered guest
I also just bought the 8.4" DVD player from Target. I used it on a flight from Atlanta to Seattle. I did not get through 1 movie before the "Battery Low" indicator came on. Does anyone know where I can get an extra battery? Is this typical for all personal dvd players? Is there any brand that has a longer battery life?

Unregistered guest
I also purchased a Kawasaki 8.4" personal Dvd Player and am interested in an additional battery. If anyone knows where to get one, I would appreciate the info.

Unregistered guest
Where can i find a remote for a surround sound vcr dvd combo

Unregistered guest
I also purchased the 8.4" DVD last Friday at Target for a Christmas gift. From reading the box I question whether it has an AC adaptor for home use. Does anyone know? If there isn't one, is there an AV input?

Daniel Thomsen
Unregistered guest
I also am looking for an extra battery for the 8.4 inch DVD player. I used it on a trip and with the brightness all of the way down, I got 120 minutes of use. The AC adapter for the charger also works for home use.

Daniel Thomsen
Unregistered guest
To purchase an extra battery from Alco (the manufacturer) go to this link. http://www.18002526123.com/findit/findit.htm. The cost is $43. There are some 3rd party batteries out there but the output is 9 volts instead of the needed 7.2.

HERMI
Unregistered guest
I NEED TO TURN OFF AND ON AGAIN MY 8.4 INCH DVD PLAYER TO HAVE AN AUDIO. IS THIS USUAL?

NeilWester
Unregistered guest
ok, I also want a extra battery for mine I can only get about 2.5 hours per charge. Do you guys want to organize a group buy?

If interested email me at neilwester@hotmail.com

Username: Ljackj

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 1
I just bought an 8" portable DVD player for my kids for Christmas. I've heard great things about them -- features and durability -- without the price. Does anyone know if there is a Kawasaki Electronics web site? Can't seem to find one. Thanks.

Rumer
Unregistered guest
You can purchase accessories for Kawasaki portable DVD players at www.18002526123.com.

ajfish
Unregistered guest
kawasaki is made by ALCO electronics. they also make venturer, durabrand and KLH. Go here for their website: www.venturer.com

Unregistered guest
I just bought a Kawaski Home Theater System. Sound is coming out of the speakers. However I must have missed something because I am not getting the DVD picture. Help!

Unregistered guest
I have a Kawasaki 5 DVD home thateater. Does anybody know which buttons to push to get voice to the tv speakers, as well as surroun sound. They play music fine. Just not the voices. It does everything else fine just not the voices. Either that or how to0 change it to to channels.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a Kawasaki 5 DVD home theater system. Does anybody know which buttons to push to get voice to the tv speakers, as well as the surround sound. The remote tvs play the music fine, just not the voices. It does everything else fine just not the voices. Either that or how to change it to dual channels.

Thanks

ayerhead07
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Kawasaki 5 DVD player home theater system and my daughter, trying to spin it to get a DVD out, got the DVD stuck inside. The tray now will neither close nor fully open. Does anyone know how I can get the DVD out without tearing apart my DVD player?

Unregistered guest
I have the Kawasaki 5 dvd player.To get sound to the tv stop the dvd and hit the 5.1/2.1 button till it says 2.1...

if the tray is stuck try to gently force it open and remove all cd`s andgently help it close, if it won`t with gentle help , the disc fell down and you will have to open the drawer and turn the set upside down shake the cd to the top and then close the drawer and then turn it upright.
if that don`t work then you have to tear into it.

I`m not a professional but I do fix most of my own stuff. any questions write me and I`ll try to help

Unregistered guest
I have the Kawasaki 5 DVD player and I`m trying to find a remote code for it. Does any one know who built it for kawasaki??

SLP
Unregistered guest
Just purchased a Kawasaki 8.4 portable DVD player and would like to get a case that can strap between the 2 front seats of my SUV. Any suggestions where one can be purchased?

Cliffj
Unregistered guest
Just got a Kawasaki 8.4 DVD player for Christmas. I've taken it to work (I work the night shift where I have lots of quiet time) and get nothing but compliments from co-workers about the quality of the picture and sound (awesome, even with my 'cheap' headphones too!!!) and especially the size of the screen.

I too didn't heed the instruction guide and played a dvd before charging the battery. It' played most of the movie before dying out. I've since recharged the battery and haven't had any problems since, except for an occassional 'skip' in the playback, which could easily be the dvd disc(?).

I found this site looking for the main website to order a case to carry my unit in before I do something stupid like drop it or worse. The cases on the www.18002526123.com site are $30. Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper, online or not? I will be checking back to read reply.

Bob in Denver
Unregistered guest
I purchased a LCD2000 TV with built in DVD/CD from HSN about two years ago. It worked fine until this past week. Now about every 5 minutes the screen goes dark, I have to either switch channels or turn the unit on and off for the screen to iluminate again. I paid over $500.00 for the unit and it worked great for that two year period and have taken on a few road trips. Can anyone help me find a place that can repair it?

Anonymous

A previous post to this forum recommended the Targus DVD402 as a carrying case for the Kawasaki 8.4 DVD. It's available at Walmart.com for $28.88

Colleen
Unregistered guest
I've had a Kawasaki portable DVD player for about a year and it's worked great up until a few days ago. Every time I try to play a DVD, it makes a buzzing noise and the screen reads, "Invalid Disc". I've tried several different movies but every time the same thing happens. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Dani
Unregistered guest
I just got my 8.4 dvd player for Christmas and its broke. I only had it for a month and a half. All I get is sound and a very dark picture. The Dvd/Aux In button is really sensitive. Overall, its a piece of Sh*t.

Unregistered guest
The Kawasaki AV1000 that I bought over a year ago stopped working recently. No sound, even in test mode. Another poster in another thread on this message board reports the same problem. :-(

Anchorism
Unregistered guest
jeffnf, If your sound is not working, as was mine, i looked inside it, and found a blown fuse. You might have the same problem. My problem is that i got mine from a friend. It had no remote. If anyone would sell theirs, or knows a code for a universal remote, please let me know.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have the manual for the 5 DVD Home Theater System Model 1152?

If so could you email it to me?

I would appreciate it greatly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us