Comcast Digital cable in South Florida

Bronze Member
Username: Mjnoles1

Post Number: 23
Does anyone here live in South Florida and has a Comcast digital cable box with digital audio outputs? I know Comcast now has the Motorola DCT-2524/1612 with the digital outputs but i called Comcast and of course they were clueless if they had those boxes.
SO I want to see if anyone has a Digital output Comcast box and if you do, can I get the location where you received the box and the model number of the box, so I can call them up and get one.

Thanks

Scotty2Hotty
Unregistered guest
I have the exact box you want.

In fact I have 3.

I live in Chicago. The tech people told me for a long time that these boxes do not exist, although I knew better.

When the guy finally brought 'em, he told me they had tons in the warehouse.

If you want this, get ready to put up with a lot of BS. I really had to fight for it and I finally got them after sending a very angry e-mail to coporate HQ.

Don't give up--they got 'em.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmvip3mfiles

USA, USA

Post Number: 22
I have some box from comcast DCT-2524/1612

4 boxes they are the long one..Motorola i haved just in case is something come up to hacked..

Scotty2Hotty
Unregistered guest
What??

JonD
Unregistered guest
don't be misled as i was.

long story short - i finally got the aforementioned DCT-2524/1612 box from Comcast.

but get this, even though it says "Dolby Digital" on the front of the box and has digital coax output, the box doesn't decode DD 5.1!!! can you believe that? i think it might do DD 2.0 but who gives a crap about that.

so anyway, i called Comcast again and they said what i needed was an "L" box - no model number avail., that's just what they call it. so they are bringing one tomorrow. we'll see....

would like to have DD 5.1 for the Red Sox in the World Series!!!!

and yes, Comcast SUCKS!! i spared everyone all of my horrific experiences with them just to get to this point, but trust me, they were horrific.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us