Koss/cheap home theaters in a box

Scotty2Hotty
Unregistered guest
Is there a consensus on Koss stuff? Is it junk?

I have seen some Koss home theater sets that seem too good to be true price-wise. I have a read a lof of reviews online that seem to indicate their systems like to crap out pretty quickly.

I have a cheap ($250) Panasonic, 600W surround system, and I am very happy with it, although i wish it had S-Video.

Any thoughts on which brands to stick to when looking for less expensive systems (~$200)?

johnm
Unregistered guest
Koss used to be a very reputable American made headphone company. They probably still make some great high end headphones.
Unfortunately they sold out their name to stick on some very sub-par products from overseas.

I always thought for the very budget conscious surround buyer that KLH was not a bad way to go.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 34
If you buy a cheap home theater in a box, it's going to sound exactly that: cheap. You're better off buying 2 nice floorstanding speakers and a decent reciever. The sonic quality of a 2 speaker setup will sound far better than what I call "surround noise". Save your money for a few months and get good speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us