Building Your Own 100" Projection TV "Good" or Bad" Idea?

Username: Leebruce

Post Number: 1
I cam e across a few websites claiming that you can build a 100-150 inch projection TV for under $10. There claims seem to be convincing but I would like to know is anyone has ever tried this before so they can let me in on all this before I go ahead and buy! Let me know. Here is the sire if you need more info on what I am talking about
www.webtv100inch.com

Thank you for your help.

Username: Texaca

Post Number: 7
Hmmmm...

I've seen these BOGUS adds and promotions before... I have to say one thing, "DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP".
The scheme is basically a TV inside a Box, which bounces the Image of of a Mirror and reflects/projects it on to the wall...

The problem with this setup, is that One; that a TV is a not a very powerful Image source. To start for this to be somewhat effective, you would have to project the Image onto a wall, in a very dark room in order to get a decent picture.

This technic is not new, it was actually invented by the artists in the 13th 14th century, to reproduce life like images of people on canvases.

You can try this at home with a cheap mirror and bounce the image from an adjacent room into the dark room. Or, build a cheap cardboard box and place the TV in it, and cut a hole in front for the image to project onto the mirror....

--Alfredo

Post Number: 8
Continued.....

I think you can actually increase the effectiveness of this setup, by using a convex mirror... the Mirror will expand the image, by focusing more of the "Light" from the TV onto your projection background/screen....???????

--- worth a try... --Alfredo

Post Number: 9
FYI...

the "so call" feedback button, which leads you to there eBay profile/web page, has been cancelled...

Probably because of too many complaints, would be my best educated guess... If you ask me...

My $.02 --Alfredo

Unregistered guest
just stick a fresnel lense infront of ur current tv... then put walls around it (so the light from the tv doesn't escape).. and aim it at a wall.. move the fresnel lense in and out to adjust the image..
(dont try to project more than about 10 foot.. otherwise the pic gets too light to see)

the problem is that its not too bright.. and if the fresnel lense bends.. the image gets distorted and fuzzy

its a fun experiment tho.. u just need a dark room to watch it in

DONT be afraid to just experiment.. theres nothing that could go wrong... unless u are very talented.. lol

good luck to all
~AJ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us