Using either a NAD 521i, c541, t532 or t512 with NAD 742, instead of Toshiba DVD

clayton
Unregistered guest
I've read that there is no point to buy a new cd player unless you buy the top of the line one to notice a difference in sound. Right now I am using a Toshiba SD-412V DVD player as both my dvd and cd player. It sounds good for cd's, but I am curious as to if I bought a seperate cd player if the sound would be any better? The laser in a dvd player is of better quality than that in a cd player no?

Anyways, I am curious as to if the NAD dvd players sound good for cd's or buy a seperate nad cd player. Are the NAD players good for picture quality and do you think it is worth it to upgrade to the NAD since my toshiba seems to be okay.

Username: Sonny

Post Number: 1
I was thinking the same previously when I have Phillips DVD player 727K which already has 192khz/24bit DAC,progressive scan and I've read some good review on it saying it is a good stereo CD player since you would not get audiophile CD player in the price range though (USD 140).

Well then, when I have to arrange for HT in my house I was bought NAD C521BEE (USD 229)and my stereo system just sing more detail and full bodied. The sound from DVD player was floating compare to the dedicated CD player and finally I trade in my NAD C521BEE with NAD C542 (USD 305)there is noticeable improvement over the whole spectrum of the music.

I don't know much of the NAD DVD player but I think it should be cost more the CD player so I would suggest to just buy dedicated CD player for music and keep your DVD player for movie application.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 313
This DVD player sounds good - and is cheap - LiteOn LVD 2002 ($120 on the web)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us