Which system

Username: Schmoo

Post Number: 1
Where can I go in greater London area to audition some systems, I'm thinking; Marantz PM7200, Marantz CD5400, Marantz ST4000/ST6000 or NAD c320bee, NAD 521i bee and its matching tuner or Cambridge Audio Azur 640, its cd player and tuner. Along with either Monitor audio Bronze b2 or B&W 601s coupled with a REL Quake (for movies and when i want to turn it up) The appleal for matching components and the smaller speakers is my wifes EYE! BUT, when she goes out i also like to be able to turn it up!! Lastly a word on value for money interconnects and speaker cable .......... PHEW! Thanx all.

Username: Valeem

Post Number: 32
If your nearest Richersounds still have a demo facility then try there for your electronics. You will be hard pressed to find better prices. Failing that then ask them if they will let you take home the electronics you listed, a set at a time, although you will have to source your speakers elswhere as they don't run the Monitor Audio or B&W lines of speakers. I would suggest you decide on your speakers first then the electronics. Sevenoaks run both MA and B&W and they will price match if you ask nicely. Very helpful and knowledgeable people.

Username: Schmoo

Post Number: 2
Sevenoaks it is then for the demo, thanx

Username: Valeem

Post Number: 41
Cambridge Audio only use Richers for their distribution. Also I see Sevenoaks don't run the NAD line, but Richers do.

If you decide on the NAD cd player Richers will beat any price by £10, so you will be able to get one for £160.

http://www.hificonfidential.co.uk/products2.cfm?id=6&id2=null&id3=null&id4=null& id5=null&id6=null&id7=null&id8=null&id9=null&id10=null&CFID=16705&CFTOKEN=661887 66&jsessionid=ec303242831073742097859

and

http://www.hispek.com

both sell for £170. Just supply your Richers with the info (Tel no.)

Another tip if you buy a complete system most retailers will give you a discount.

Username: John_a

Post Number: 89
I always had excellent service from members of the British Audio Dealers Association. There are five in London, and loads more in the home counties.

Username: John_a

Post Number: 90
Sorry, should be www.bada.co.uk for British Audio Dealers Association.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us