B&W ASW 675 worth getting?

Username: Krzych_l

Post Number: 2
I am considering the purchase of the aforementioned subwoofer. I have b&w604 s3 + b&w 602s3 as my front and surround speakers (the listening area is about 30 square meters big, an is almost unfurnished). Have you heard this sub? Is it worth getting (I listen to classical music and symphonic rock in a stereo)? And additionally, is asw 675 worth spending additional USD 300 in comparison to B&W ASW 650 (I would prefer not to have other than B&W subwoofer)?

Could you please share with me with your opinions and experience.
Kind regards
KL

Hammersmith
Unregistered guest
I was interested in ths model as well, but haven't evaluated it yet. It is compact and lively from what I know-- which is what I want.

I think it's priced under 900$.

Have you since listened to it?

Post Number: 3
Not yet,
But there is quite interesting press article at

Home_Audio/Speakers/Speakers_Reviews/Subwoofers/2003,

which shows that the actual (measured)achievements of this sub are well above its quite modest dimensions.

I have now finished acquiring all loud speakers in 5.0 set-up (B&W 604 s3 + 602 s3 + lcr 600). It is a marvelous set of speakers.
KL

Anonymous

I just purchased this sub and love it. I chose it over the bigger/more expensive asw cdm. To me the 675 does a great job for HT but sounds better in a 2 channel environment. I'm using it along with the b&w cdm7 series floorstanders.

Post Number: 4
-> Anonymous,
How big is your listening area? Can it shake the walls? Is fast enough to be used in a 30 sq.m. for the purpose of listening to jazz/classics.

Kind regards
KL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us