AVR 325 shuts off

Username: Kurekure

Post Number: 2
My 1 month old AVR 325 keeps shutting off. I have tried disconnect everything from the AV, tried resetting it, connect it to other power outlet in the house, but it still shut off a few seconds after I turn it on. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 55
Sounds exactly like a proection mode problem. You say that you tried disconnecting everything from the unit -- did that include the speakers?

If this is still happening with the speakers and all A/V connections removed, then the unit is probably having an internal problem. Time to bring it back! (If you're lucky, they'll replace it with a AVR -230.)

Anonymous

why would that be lucky?

Post Number: 56
anonymous: lucky in that the 230 is the latest model.

Post Number: 3
Protection mode problem? In the manual, it is said the LED should be RED but mine is AMBER right now. Is the AVR 230 is better than AVR 325? What about 330?

Post Number: 4
Forgot to say, I disconnected every connection except the power supply of course(lol). The problem still occur. What might be the other cause?

Post Number: 61
Panglima: if its shutting off immediately with nothing connected, it sounds likes it is having some sort of internal problem. It just shouldn't do that.

Try resetting the processor. I don't know if this instruction is the same on the 325, but here goes the 525 Reset insructions.

Place the system in standby (pressing the power button) -- it should be AMBER at this point. Next, press and hold the Surround Mode and Tuner Mode selector for 3 seconds. The unit will turn on automatically and display the RESET message in the Main Information Display.

Note: that this will erase all your settings. But will reset the onboard processor.

If that doesn' help, you'll need to ask an H/K authorized dealer or H/K.

In general, I've seen them, when there's a warranty issue, offer the 230 for the 325 or the 330 for the 525. I'd say the 230 and 325 are about equal... the 230 having a few new features.

Username: Afrogt

Post Number: 7
What features does the 230 have over the 325? I don't think they're are any. The Dolby headphones isn't on this lower end model. I don't think there is an improved model over the 325 until you get to the 430. Then there are significant improvements.

Post Number: 67
GregT: yeah, the changes on the 230 are subtle. There's no large FAN port and the layout on the back is very different than the 325. The power cord isn't the removable NEMA cord either. The 230 is also almost 10 pounds lighter.

So, not really "features" just changes. Functionally, they're the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us