Rotel 1055 or 1065 - is it worth spending $700 more to get 1065?

Anonymous

I am not able to decide if it's worth spending $700 more on 1065 (over 1055) for my B&W 603s with 601s in the rear and LCR600 as center. I haven't been able to listen to these side by side at the dealer. Any suggestions/advice?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 203
http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?rcvr51ch&1075590425&class&3&4&

I like this one. Getting used gets you more quality. Also when you want to upgrade, you can sell it without losing too much.

Hammersmith
Unregistered guest
Just to complicate your search a little bit more :-)

There are now newer 2004 Rotel models...

the 1056 (replacing the 1055)
and the 1067 (replacing the 1065).

So just maybe you can get a better deal on the outgoing 1065 than you thought..

Username: Remoteguy

Post Number: 1
I just side by side compared these today on NHT tower speaker system and sunfire sub and for my money, the 1065 is definately worth it, the NHT system seemed to just come to life. I will be purchasing one when taxes come back!

Anonymous

I went to a Rotel dealer and he said the 1065 are being discontinued. He was not sure how it is going to be replaced, but on the Net I found 1067 being introduced. I am hoping that the dealer can give me a better deal on 1065 now (while they are in stock). I will know on Monday.

Post Number: 2
The dealer I went to didn't mention that, I work for a dealer but we dont carry Rotel, so I am hoping to find a good deal on one! where did you find the web site for the newer model? I looked at Rotels website and nothing.

Anonymous

I found a web forum for Rotel that had a pointer to a PDF file that contained information about these new products. Yes, it's not on Rotel site yet, but the PDFs looked genuine with Rotel logo and all the detailed information. My dealer is saying they are probably waiting to make announcement at some road show. But he said for sure that 1065 and 1055 are discontinued. If I find that link again I will post it here

Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 28

Got this off of the hometoys.com website.

ROTEL DEBUTS DYNAMIC AUDIO/VIDEO RECEIVERS
For more info visit http://www.rotel.com

7.1-Channel Models Highlight Audiophile Power, Unique Flexibility, and Current Formats

North Reading, MA--January 2004--Rotel Electronics, known throughout the world for their high-performance audio and video components, has introduced two new 7.1-channel audio/video receivers for the ultimate home theater experience.

Both models--similar in function--are sophisticated, high-tech AV receivers with one important common feature--performance that Rotel has long been famous for. Clean, logical control layouts, uncluttered front panels, and intuitive commands make these uniquely welcoming and unintimidating components. For each model, Rotel provides expandability options to accommodate future component additions. The RSX-1056 (75- watts x 5 channel) can be expanded to a 7.1-channel system with the addition of a two-channel power amplifier. The 100-watt x 7 channel RSX-1067 can be used either as a 7.1 or a 5.1 system. The 'Redirect' function can take the two rear surround channels and send them to loudspeakers in another room for true multiroom sound including source- and volume-independent high-quality amplification.

The above power ratings reflect real-world, all-channels-driven power (into 8 ohms) originating from Rotel's recognized all-discrete-device, high-current output stages, resulting in audiophile-grade sonic performance. As is typical of Rotel designs, both feature the kinds of 'over-engineered' power supplies that deliver generous current reserves and multiple, regulated voltage supplies for unrestrained dynamics with impressive freedom from noise and distortion.

Current surround-sound formats (courtesy of the latest-generation DSP engines from Crystal Semiconductors) are found in both the RSX-1506 and the RSX-1067, including Dolby Digital/EX and DTS/ES-ES-Discrete decoding for digital-multichannel programs and Dolby Pro Logic IIx and DTS Neo:6 modes for spacious playback of surround-encoded and stereo home-theater and music productions. They can also handle HDCD compact discs, and can reproduce CDs encoded with MP3 audio files. As an added benefit for the audio purist--a special mode on both models will bypass all digital processing.

Both models also feature 30 AM/FM presets for instant access to favorite broadcasts. Plenty of AV and digital-audio inputs and outputs are found on board each model, and adding to the simplicity of the systems--consumers can assign individual ID labels so that the front-panel display clearly represents the selected component: 'DVD PLAYER,' for example, making operation a breeze. You'll also find three HDTV-bandwidth component-video inputs with monitor output ready to accept the highest-performance AV sources and televisions at full resolution Video transcoding is also included.

For custom installations, three independent 12-volt trigger outputs, IR-control-signal inputs, and discrete remote-on/off command codes make sophisticated yet 'invisible' AV system integration a snap in either case.

A powerful yet simple fully programmable learning remote control is shipped with both the RSX-1056 and the RSX-1067.

Rotel Electronics is a family-owned company headquartered in Japan that has been dedicated to designing and manufacturing high-performance, high-quality audio and video components for more than four decades. The company's Balanced Design Concept--a disciplined synthesis of physics, electronics, and mechanical engineering--is evident in each component that is manufactured and distributed throughout the world.

Digital images are available for this model. Please contact Lucette Nicoll at Nicoll Public Relations at 781-762-9300 or lucette@nicollpr.com.

Post Number: 3
I just sent an E-mail to Lucette,I hope they have not changed the looks much.Thanks Jeff and Anonymous

Hammersmith
Unregistered guest
Yep they look the same, up front at any rate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us