Question about the Paradigm Monitor 90P's...

Brockish
Unregistered guest
Do you think I need sub-woofer in a room 15 X 25 with the Monitor 90P's since the towers have one built in?

I have recently bought the (1)CC-370, (2)ADP-370, and of course (2) Monitor 90's this all goes with my NAD 762 which I really love.

Is a sub-woofer needed? Of course, the Rep is strongly pushing for the sale.

Any thoughts?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 212
A good sub does add something to it, but you can get by without it - hear it both ways and decide for your-self. Some people actually like it better without sub especially for music. I think a good sub adds luxurius warmth.

Anonymous

it depends on what you are using our stereo for.. if you are just using it for music, you will get more than enough bass in your room. I have my own 90 P's and they are awesome. But if you are watching movies, a sub is definately needed, the bass in the movie won't be channeled to your speakers, and you will be missing out on some of the audio aspect of the movie. I turned my sub off once while watching a movie, and it completley changed the audio, so I suggest that you pick up a cheap sub at least, ad just use it for the movies, any more questions let me know, @ jamesslinkard@hotmail.com

Brockish
Unregistered guest
Well, I ended up getting the pw2200 sub anyway. And let me tell you it makes a diference when watching movies. It totally adds a luxurius warmth and cinematic base that I cannot get with just the 90P's alone. I could have, however, done without it but once it was connected with the rest of the system I will not get rid of it now. When listening to music I do turn off the sub.

BTW, my pw2200 sub does get really hot on the back plate of the sub. How normal is this?

Robert Anderson
Unregistered guest
This must be normal because my pw2200 gets hot as well. I have monitor 7s and want to know what would be best for rear speakers. I love my sub. works well with my M7s. Just need a new center and rear speakers. Any advice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us